Friday, April 8, 2011

Woohoo, it's Friday and the weekend is finally here. It has been quite a week and I haven't had a chance to do as much crafting as I wanted to do but the work week is over and I have two days to play.


I got myself some new Kraftin Kimmie stamps the other week and I wanted to colour one up.  I chose to use Josephine and I have coloured her up in some bright and cheerful spring colours.

My card is based on the sketch from Moving Along with the Times.


After trying a few  options I settled on these bright papers from Daisy D, a company that I miss dearly as I loved their products. The Kraftin Kimmie challenge was to use stripes and I have chosen to pick up the colours of Josephine's dress in the band in a striped band that goes across the card. I couldn't believe that I actually had some striped paper with all the colours that I had used but I think that it helps to tie everything together.

To add some dimension and texture to the card I have created a little floral arrangement in the bottom corner with flowers from Prima and Wild Orchid Crafts. To balance out the card, I have used a Tim Holtz ticket and some butterflies cut with a Martha Stewart punch and embellished with some bling.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend. The weatherman has said that it is going to be sunny and warm so I hope to spend a bit of time tidying my garden which is quickly starting to come back to life now. Ahh spring!

This card will be entered into the following challenge;


20 comments:

Alice said...

such pretty colors and coloring. beautiful card!

Lin said...

These colors really suit Miz Josephine! Great card!

Vicky said...

I love the coloring on the dress!Beautiful card. Thank you for participating at the LilyPad Challenge

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW I love the colours you have used for this card its stunning, thanks for playing along on MAWTT Hazelxox

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous card, just LOVE the bright colours!

Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Gram's Treasures said...

Very pretty colours...I especialy like the bubbles.

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Carissa this is absolutely gorgeous what wonderful colours, design and image I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

Such a fun card!

DesignerDiva said...

Love this! the image is fab and the colours you have chosen are perfect with it! Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week for our sketch and good luck with the challenge
Laurie x

Crystal said...

I love this image & the bright, vibrant colours you used on your card! It matches your blog background too :)
I have this image & still haven't used it. Thank you for the reminder...maybe it will prompt me to pull it out and finally ink it up! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes :)

Unknown said...

Such a gorgeous card - so bright and vibrant. Thank you for joining in with the Just Tracy's challenge this month.

Mandy said...

Beautiful card...Lovely image and your colours are wonderful...Great embellishments too...Thanks for sharing with us at just Tracy's...
Mandy x

Kathy said...

Wow this card packs a punch of happiness. Love everything about it.
Thanks so much for participating in the color challenge at Lily Pad. :)

Jill said...

Wow this is gorgeous! Just love the way you have coloured her! Thanks for joining in at Just Tracys this month. Jill

Lisa said...

What a sweet and cheerful card! Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

**Farrah** said...

Just fantastic!! What a great mix of papers and embellishments, I love it!
Thanks for playing at Just Tracy's and good luck!!
Farrah

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Your card is super bright and colorful! I love her dress!Thanks for joining us for our Spring Blossoms challenge with Paper Sundaes.
♥ Lisa

Anonymous said...

I just love this image! Great choice of colors, it goes beautifully with your image! Thanks for joining us at MAWTT! x

Unknown said...

Beautiful card using the rainbow theme, gorgeous work...a big thank you for sharing with us this month at Just Tracy's challenge blog, good luck! Jo xxx

Claire said...

Great card with a truly rainbow theme. Thanks for playing along with Just Tracy's. Hugs, Claire x