Thursday, June 2, 2011

Winter Wonderland in Blue and White

Sun, sun, glorious sun. After all of the rain that we have had lately, I am really enjoying the sunshiny days that we are having this week. There is just something about being done with winter clothes and seeing the flowers in my garden that makes me smile. That said, it may seem a bit odd that the card I have to share with you today is a Christmas card. Winter Wonderland Challenges is turning two and in honour of that I have decided to create a card fitting for the occasion.


The background papers were created using the emboss resist technique and a Hero Arts background stamp with some of my favourite distress inks. The focal image is actually a cut out from one of the Bo Bunny paper lines that was out this past winter. I have kept the card simple adding only a rhinestone centre to the snowflake and a sentiment charm from Making Memories.

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:


12 comments:

Elaine said...

Fabulous card Carissa, and my perfect sort of card too. Very stylish and beautiful in blue. Love your embossed background papers.

Hugs Elaine xx

Linda said...

I love the emboss resist technique you have used it looks brilliant. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week love Linda

Anonymous said...

Awesome card hunny you got linked in time I posted my card and thought I would link and hop tonight after work and its closed! thehehehee WWL I mean! but you card is a total winner for sure!! :)

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Carissa this is absolutely stunning a beautiful central image and a gorgeous colour to use, I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Suzi Mac said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Carissa, love the elegance of it. Thank you for joining in the celebrations this week over at Winter Wonderland.
Hugs
Suzi x

Donna said...

What a beautiful card Carissa, your resist embossing looks fab! Thanks for joining in with us at CES :) Donna x

An Occasional Genius said...

Fabulous card Carissa, I really love your background paper.

Thanks for your constructive comment on the Sweet Stampin makeover, I took your advice. Think my brain was getting a bit foggy so nice to have some clear vision!! xx

Gitte said...

amazing card

Delphine said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Carissa! The colours are fantastic and your background paper is so beautiful! Fantastic card:-)! Have a lovely Sunday! Hugs Delphine xx

Sharon Basel said...

This is gorgeous Carissa! Simply stunning!
Sharon :)

Teresa said...

Fab card, thanks for joining us at ATSC.
Teresa xx

Liz's creative corner said...

Aw this is lovely, really stylish and fab background too, thanks for joining into our bingo challenge at ATSC, hugs Liz xx