Wednesday, June 22, 2011

ABC Christmas - M is for...


Good morning, I am so glad that you have stopped by for a visit. Today is the start of another great challenge over on the ABC Christmas Challenge blog.
Our hostess this week is Delphine and she has chosen the theme of

Monochromatic Cards

Our sponsor this week is Wags N Whiskers who have generously offered 4 digi stamps for one lucky participant.

Please take our logo to display on your blog :-)



For my card this week I have used this beautiful fairy from Wags N Whiskers. I have coloured her in shades of red and added a generous dose of stickles in 2 different shades for some sparkle and glitz.
The designer papers are a mix of Basic Grey, MME and K and Company. I have also used some white glitter paper which I stamped with the Hero Arts starry night background (don't try this if you are in a hurry, it takes forever and a day to dry).

The layout for my card was based on a great sketch from this week's Cupcake Crafts Challenge.


To embellish the card I have used a rose from an unknown source and some of my favorite cherry blossoms from Wild Orchid Crafts, I feel an order coming on when our postal strike is over. My supply is starting to dwindle. To finish it off, I have added a sentiment from Lili of the Valley.

Be sure to stop by the ABC Christmas Challenge blog and see the other wonderful creations from the rest of the DT. I hope that you will join us, I do look forward to seeing what you create.

This card will be entered into the following challenges:



18 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW STUNNING card Carissa I LOVE this Red! and it is perfect for your image! Awesome job! hugs Samantha :0)

Helen said...

Beautiful card Carissa - love the sparkly red glitter! :0)
Helen x

Gram's Treasures said...

Awesome card Carissa! Love all of the red. Great coloring (plus stickles) of the image.
hugs xx

Dorte said...

Awesome card Carissa, I love the red look. Beautiful emblishments.
hugs Dorte

Hazel said...

What a gorgeous card - love all the rich red. Thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 25 - hope to see you again soon. x

Donna said...

Incredibly pretty card Carissa and a brilliant interpretation of our sketch challenge! Thanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

Sandra H said...

Gorgeous card love the colours...:) Sandra H

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fabulous card

Delphine said...

Totally fantastic, Carissa! Your fairy looks so beautiful and all the reds are gorgeous! Hugs Delphine xx
PS: Oh and thank you for joining us at Cupcake and good luck:-)!

Stampin Mindy said...

Very pretty image. Love the colors and your flowers. Darling.
Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday's Birthstone Challenge!

Hugs, Mindy

pinky said...

Thats so gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at LCI this week.
Pinky

Michele Spera said...

Lovely job! Thank you for joining us at C4E
Michele S

lis-m said...

love the rich red, fab layout too..
Thanks for joining us over at Polkadoodles this week . Good luck !
Hugs xx

Poppit said...

Great take on our sketch! Love the colour. Thanks for joining us for this week's Cupcake Challenge. x

Heidi said...

Gorgeous card Carissa. I love all the red. I love the sparkle in her wings!

Tip Top said...

Lovely card - do like the colours! Thank you for joining in with the Polkadoodles challenge - hope to see you again next week!

Vintage Milly said...

Oooh, this is so pretty, thanks so much for entering the all of a flutter challenge at Polkadoodles,
hugs,
Em.x

cowboydutrem said...

What a beautiful fairy! Lovely card! Thanks for playing in the Ladybug Crafts Ink red challenge!