Friday, June 17, 2011

Stamp Something with Pretty Papers

Woohoo, it's Friday! The weekend is finally here.
To make that even better, they are calling for a gorgeous, sunny weekend and I have nowhere that I have to be so I can kick back with a book in the sun and do some crafting. Yay!

The fact that it is Friday also means that we have another great Stamp Something Challenge for you.
The challenge this week is to
Stamp something with Pretty Papers.
You know, the ones that we all  hide away because we might run out and then what will we do?
We want see you to dig them out and actually use them.

We are sponsored this week by FunkyKits and they have offered up a great prize to one of you who is brave enough to join us this week.


 I have used this adorable Hanglar girl that I have had for about a year now and she was still uninked. I figured that it was about time that I finally got around to using her. I have coloured her with Copics and then sponged around the edges of the image with Distress inks. 

For the card, I have used some of some of these richly coloured papers from the Stella and Rose line from MME. I really love the way that the gorgeous bright colours of the papers seem to pop the images.
I have embellished the card using 3 different flowers from Prima and Wild Orchid crafts that really picked up on the flowers from the paper. Then I finished it off with a little tag sentiments from an old
K and Company line.

Be sure to stop by the Stamp Something Challenge Blog and check out the gorgeous creations that the rest of the DT have created to inspire you. Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit today and for all of your lovely comments.



8 comments:

Gram's Treasures said...

Love the card, and what a great colouring job on the image!
hugs

heidy said...

Hi Carissa,this is gorgeous!
Heidy

Sandra H said...

Lovely card love the image and colouring.....:) Sandra H

Dorte said...

Lovely little hÄnglar girl and really som wonderful papers.Have a great weekend.
Hugs Dorte

Chrissy said...

Beautiful papers, and such a great image, beautifully coloured Carissa.Fabulous card.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card hunny, love your choice of papers and those flowers are sooo pretty too! :0)

Tracey said...

These really are pretty papers Carissa & I love that cute image :)
Hope you're having a lovely weekend.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh forgot to say... thanks for joining us on the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge this week, hugs Samantha