Friday, June 24, 2011

4th of July or Celebration Somethings


Good Morning and welcome. It is Friday and that means that the weekend is finally here and it is time for another Stamp Something challenge.
Our theme this week is

4th of July or Celebration Somethings 

For my card today I have used Dangling Sea Tilda which you can find from our Sponsor Simon Says Stamp.


This is actually the first time that this image has made it onto a card even though I have had it for a year as I have found her to be a challenge to colour. I have finally achieved results that I am happy with. In keeping with the theme, I have then added a few stars to the background.

The layout was relatively simple and I was able to put this card together using scraps that were left from other projects. I have embellished the card with a cluster of flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts. Lastly I have added the one element that I am not to happy with, a sentiment in the bottom corner. I wish that I had added the sentiment on a tag or something that could be embellished as it does not really stand out enough. If anyone has any suggestions as to how I can cover this up for another go, please share.

I hope that you have been inspired to join us this week. Be sure to pop by the Stamp Something Blog as the rest of the DT have created some gorgeous creations to share with you.

This card will be entered into the following challenges:


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really adorable Carissa!! LOVE that maggie with these fun colors!! Brilliant job!! Have a great weekend and it was wonderful to work with you for a short while!! ;)

Chrissy said...

Fabulous Carissa, gorgeous colouring, and fabulous image. Love the colour combo, a really lovely card.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card hunny xx

Sandra H said...

Fabulous great image used and coloured...:) Sandra H

Kleine85 said...

great card! Wishing you a wonderful weekend and

thanks for joining us at ATSC.

Hugs, Tanja

Clarissa Schupp said...

Hi Carissa,

love this Magnolia image and the colors you used. Now its sommer! Thank you.

hugs Clarissa

Chris_P said...

Really cute card! Thanks for joining us at Craft us Crazy!!

Courtney said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Carissa!! Thanks so much for joining in on our Red, White & Blue Challenge at Penny's. Good Luck!!

Courtney~

lis-m said...

Gorgeous card!
Thanks for joining us over at Polkadoodles this week..Good Luck !!
Hugs xx

Fliss said...

A beautiful card and really love the addition of those pretty flowers.
Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Polka Doodles red, white and blue challenge and good luck.
Fliss x

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Such a sweet card. Thanks for taking part in The Polka Doodles challenge