Thursday, November 22, 2012

Pinks and Blues

Good Morning, today is the start of a new challenge at Charisma Cardz and this week we have a colour challenge for you.
We have 3 wonderful sponsors this week who are generously providing prizes for some lucky participants
 
PRIZE ONE

PRIZE TWO
PRIZE THREE

MarkerPOP.com
 
 
 
 
For my card this week I have opted to play around with techniques that I don't use often.  I started by choosing some alcohol inks in colours that matched the theme and inked up some glossy card which I eventually settled on cutting into the doily. The background was inked up and embossed in two different patterns using clear and white embossing powder. I've layered up the doily with a snowflake cut from spellbinders dies and added a simple sentiment to finish it all off.
 
The end result is a completely different style for me and I think that I like it but I do feel that something is missing. If you know what that something might be please leave a comment with your suggestions.
 
Have a great day and Happy Crafting!
 

1 comment:

Debs said...

Fabulous card - love all the techniques you have used - especially the alcohol inks doily.
Debs xx