Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Deck the Halls



Good morning. Today I have a card to share that I started quite some time ago. As I have not had much time for crafting this week I have been adding the finishing touches to some projects so that my poor blog will not sit empty.

Today I have an easel card featuring Lil Christmas Lolita Willow from Tickled Pink Stamps. This gorgeous gal is just full of fun Christmas spirit as she decks the halls and she needed a card that was just as fun. I have paired her up with some great papers from MME that really picked up on the colours in the image and then used some really bold, contrasting cardstock colours for matting to make it all pop.


As I would like to enter this into the Tickled Pink Challenge where they are having a GDT call, I went digging through my supply of chipboard and found these great snowflakes. After painting them red, I have enhanced them with loads of Stickles and then topped them off with some sparkly mini ornaments that I picked up last year.

I want to thank you all for coming by and for all of the lovely comments that you have been leaving lately, I really appreciate them. Have a great day!

This card will be entered into the following challenges:

13 comments:

Sandra H said...

This is lovely great background and die cuts also the image is fabulous, coloured to perfection and l like the reds and blues all the embellishments and sentiments truly a lovely card:) Sandra H

heidy said...

Wow this is gorgeous Carissa!
Hugs Heidy

Glenda said...

Lovely easel card! The image is pretty with the reds and blues! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime!
Glenda
http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

Cor* said...

Carissa, this is beautiful! I adore your non-trad colors! And flourishes "To Die For".....lovely layers. Thanks so much for joining in our chipboard challenge at the TPSC this week.

downrightcrafty said...

A gorgeous creation, love the colour choice and thank you for sharing with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate
PS I have some candy if you are interested :)

Chrissy said...

So lovely Carissa, the colours are beautiful, very festive.Gorgeous easerl card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Leah l'Orange said...

GAWJESS! i love the big frame, and those embellies are just perfect! fabulously inspiring, and SO glad you shared your cute project with the Charisma Galz! :)

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Thanks for joining our "Inspired by a song" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE this week :)

Hugs Jane x

papertrails leaver said...

what a beautiful card! Great use of embellishments! Thanks for joining us at Paper playtime!

Delphine said...

So beautiful, Carissa! Great image, wonderful colours and I love the design! Love your chipboards too! Hugs Delphine xx
PS: Thank you for your lovely comment too:-)

Andie's Space said...

Hi Carissa,
This looks wonderful. I love the image & your colouring is paper & snowflakes are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafters this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Ute85 said...

What a lovely creation with adorable details. Thanks for joining us at Cutie Sunday.

Hugs Ute85

Bastelmichaela said...

A beautiful card, a great design and wonderful colors....thanks for joining us this week at Cutie Sunday….
Hugs Michi