Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Could it be Magic - GDT Songbird Challenge

Good Morning, I hope that you are all safe and dry this morning. The winds were something else last night and we are not anywhere near the worst of the storm which hit New York and New Jersey.
 
I am excited to tell you that I was asked to be a guest designer for the Songbird Challenge this time around. Their theme is Could It Be Magic?
 
 
For my card, I opted to use this sweet, magical little fairy Whispy from Saturated Canary. She has been in my collection of digital images for a while now but this was the first time that I have coloured her up and I just love her. the hair was a challenge but I think that I have done okay with it. I still need more practice but it does look better IRL than it does in the photo.
 
I've used some MME papers from a pad that I liked so much I recently bought it again and kept the embellishments rather simple as I have a tendency to go to dimensional on a Birthday card and then I never have any ready for the mail.
 
I hope that I have given you a little bit of inspiration. Be sure to stop by the challenge blog and see the beautiful creations from the DT. There is also a wonderful prize up being offered from

5 comments:

Gram's Treasures said...

Very pretty! Love the colours used and how the image works so well with the DP.
Hugs xx

Sandra H said...

Many congratulations on your DP you will do them proud and great card the layout is gorgeous as is the lovely image x

gina g said...

Gorgeous card! love the colours and image. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me this week. luv gina xx

Lin said...

Beautifully coloured, great design, fab colour palette and the lovely glittery wings..... perfection!

Thank you for joining in with our Glitter and Bling challenge at Dream Valley.

Lin xx

Penny said...

Just beautiful, sorry its taken me so long to pop in and visit. Im glad I finally got here and saw this beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Card makin Mama's. xx pen