Wednesday, August 10, 2011

P is for Presents and Packaging


Good morning, I am so glad that you stopped by.
As I was not back from my little vacation in time to participate in the introduction of the P is for Presents and Packaging challenge over on the ABC Christmas challenge I have created some midway inspiration to share with you this week.

Using the inspiration photo above the super cute new images of Barry from StampFairy I have created some bright and cheery Christmas packaging for some edible goodies that I will make to give away this year for the holiday season.


I did mention the other day that Barry was bound to become a new favorite of mine. He is just so darn cute. This time I have coloured him up in what just might become his signature colours as I love the way that the red and green really pop. The images have all been embellished with Glossy Accents, Stickles and Liquid Applique before being die cut and framed using Spellbinders dies.


The little gift boxes are actually Chinese take out containers that I picked up at a local storage shop but I have seen similar containers in Michael's. I have kept things really simple to allow the images to really shine as they stand so well on their own and I have only added some ribbon scraps to the handles for embellishment. When I know who the recipients of these little packages will be I will hang a gift tag from the handle as well.


For the wine bottle, I have created the little tag from my own design using my Spellbinders to cut the hole to fit over the neck of the bottle. I have added my image and then finished it off by adding a Hero Arts sentiment to a white stripe below the image. I have finished off the packaging of the bottle by adding a band of matching patterned paper to cover the label and added a ribbon band to embellish.


You still have another week to enter and we have two wonderful sponsors

StampFairy
and

Simon Says Stamp
Photobucket

who have offered up some great prizes for two of our lucky participants. If you have not already done so please be sure to visit the ABC Christmas challenge blog and see all of the other wonderful creations that the rest of the DT made to inspire you.
Happy Crafting!


These gifts will be entered into the following challenges:


11 comments:

Miria said...

What a gorgeous set, Carissa! I love how you use Barry and colour it! Hugs, Miria

Anonymous said...

Beautiful set and the image is super cute! Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week!!

Sazzle said...

What a brilliant idea and both are so colourful and really cute too :-)

Thanks for sharing thes ewith us over at Fusy and Fancy for our Christmas in July challange this fortnight.

xx Happy crafting & glittery hugs xx

Sazzle

http://sazzlecraft.blogspot.com/

Delphine said...

Your set is gorgeous, Carissa! I love the designs and I agree, Barry is too cute! Hugs Delphine xx

Susie Sugar said...

What a fab festive set
Thanks for joining us Digi Divas at the "Do It With Digis challenge" this time
Hugs Susie Sugar & Lynne xx

Helen said...

Wow - these are fabulous Carissa! Love those cute take-out boxes...and Barry is adorable!
Helen x

Mel X said...

This is so very lovely.

Thanks for joining us this week at Totally Papercrafts and good luck in the draw.

Mel X

Alice said...

fabulous set! love those cute image and beautiful coloring!

Jackie Randolph said...

Fabulous Carissa:)) Your coloring of Barry is absolutely gorgeous! Love the added touches with the snow, glimmer and glassy accents.

Anonymous said...

Hunny just wanted to tell you this is FANTASTIC! awesome collection! love all of it!! :0)

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

These are soooooooo cute! Nice gift set!!!

Thank you for particpating in the Craft Us Crazy Anything Goes challenge!