Sunday, October 24, 2010

V is for Vertical


This week the theme over at the ABC Christmas Blog is V is for Vertical. They have provided 2 great sketches to work with and have challenged us to use as many items beginning with V that we can think of. Let me tell you that I had to go through the dictionary for this one.


For my card I have chosen to work with this VERY cute digital image from Prairie Fairy Designs called Mistletoe Kisses. Gillian here has perched herself under the mistletoe and is waiting patiently to give someone a great big smooch. 


For my card I have used one of the 2 Vertical sketches provided.  To add to the VERTICAL theme, I have opted to make this an easel card. I selected a couple of VIBRANT Christmas papers from a new paper pad that I picked up this week. To complete my card I have added a simple Christmas VERSE and a few simple VARICOLOURED snowflakes that I have punched using my Spellbinders and a Martha Stewart punch.

I hope that you will all pay a visit to the ABC Christmas blog to see all of the lovely V creations.

5 comments:

Maria said...

Gorgeous card Carissa! Love the image and how you coloured it. Beautiful DP too. Hugs, Maria

Maria said...

Forgot to ask what DPs you used on this easel card. I've looked for your email addy but couldn't find it. Thanks, Maria

Jayne Hayward said...

Love the image and beautifully coloured. Great take on our sketch.

Thanks for joining in with us at ABC Christmas Challenge

Jayne xx

Anonymous said...

Te hehe sorry about the dictionary!!! I to used mine lol! I think I went a bit far in the theme abc.... defg.... Got everyone thinking Te hehehe, hope you had fun... The rest if the challenges are easier promise, x x

Love your card the image is fun and cute, thanks for joining us in with on the ABC Christmas challenge, this time x Samantha :0)

Helen said...

Such a swet card!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x