Sunday, January 1, 2012

Somewhere Over the Rainbow


Good morning, I am back with something new to share today.  I was inspired by a tag that I saw while blog browsing last week to make this set of cards. I wish that I could remember where I saw it but unfortunately I forgot to bookmark it.

Anyway, I have followed the basic style and layout that was used on the tag for my cards. I have heat embossed the floral Hero Arts background stamp and then used my Distress Inks with the emboss resist technique to achieve these rich rainbow colours.


I then heat embossed the butterflies on some patterned background papers and accented the images with more distress inks. The sentiments were heat embossed and then I have used my Distress blending tools to edge the blocks in Tea Dye to give them a slight vintage look and tone them in with the card.



I love how the simple design allowed me to put this set together quickly and I love the cheerful results.

Thanks for coming by and for all of your lovely comments they really brighten these gloomy winter days.
Be sure to stop back again tomorrow as I have yet another card to share, I am on a roll this week.

This set will be entered into the following challenges:


11 comments:

Papercraft By Carole said...

Love the colours - thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!! Cxx

Sandra H said...

Hi, Oh these cards are just so lovely and l like the colours too!:) Sandra H

Anonymous said...

OH WOW Carissa these are Flipping GORGEOUS!! love these stunning! thanks for playing along with us on the Pile It On Anything Goes challenge this week, Hugs Samantha :0)

Sally said...

A lovely set of cards. The colours are so vibrant. Thanx for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.

WencheP said...

Gorgeous set of cards. Looks very elegant and pretty. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Lin said...

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers with your simply elegant designs. All three are equally gorgeous!

Happy New Year

Lin

Melissa S. said...

These are just beautiful. I like everything about them but especially the Butterflies I think. Thanks for shareing with us over at Pile It On this week.

Helen said...

These are beautiful Carissa - I love your inky backgrounds!
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
Helen x

Chris said...

what a beautiful set of cards, thanks for sharing them with us at Pile it on.
I hope to see more of your work in upcoming challenges.

Stampindamour said...

Carissa - WOW!! Another beautiful card! You are very talented! xo

-pamela :)
FreeVintageDigiStamps.com

Scrapcat 1 said...

wowwee those are fabulous.Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers, hope to you again soon.