Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Prescription to Get Better

What a weekend it has been. I received a call while I was on the way home Friday evening informing me that my dad who has been ill for a while now needed to go back to the hospital. So we spent the better part of the night in the ER getting him admitted. Just before I was to head over there again today, I received a call saying that he had been released. A big sigh of relief.


To help keep my mind from going places it was better not to go I did some colouring this weekend and I created a little get well card for him.  Dr Edwin is a special edition stamp from Magnolia Licious. I have coloured him up to match these wonderful papers from the MME So Sophie collection. As this is a masculine card I have kept the embellishments rather simple adding only a ribbon and a few pearls.

I hope that you have all had a wonderful weekend. Be sure to come back again soon, this was not the only image I had a chance to colour and if all goes well, I may have another card for you soon.

This card will be entered into the following challenges:






8 comments:

Dawn said...

Awww, this is really cute

Sandra H said...

Wow this is stunning:) Sandra H

Angela said...

Really fantastic card.I hope your dad get well very soon.
Thanks for joining us at Stempelträume.
Many greetings
Angela

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card I love the background for the circle bit too! hugs me x

Vicky said...

Love all the layers with patterned paper and great coloring. Thank you for playing with us at lilypad cards.

Unknown said...

Oooooo Lovely Doc Edwin!! Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at MDUC this week:-)
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Janne said...

Wow, cute card! Thanks for joining us at MDUC this week!
Hugs Janne

Janiel/ janny said...

Very cute!! I love Dr. Edwin!!! Love the dp's and your coloring is perfect.


Thanks so much for sharing your artwork with us at MDUC this week
hugs.......