Wednesday, January 25, 2012

B is for Bears

Good Morning! I have to apologize as I was missing in action last week while I was sunning myself on the beaches of Curacao. It is truly gorgeous there but it is a quite the reality shock to have to come back home to winter.

Before I tell you about our new challenge I want to wish one of my ABC Christmas teamies farewell. Delphine is leaving us as things have gotten rather busy for her lately. We will miss her but she has promised to visit us as a guest designer from time to time and who knows, maybe one day when life settles down we will be able to convince her to join us once again.

Our challenge this week is hosted by Dorte who has chosen the theme of
B is for Bears
with one or more from Bunting, Banners, Brads,Bling, Buttons, Bows & Blooms .

We have two great sponsors this week.
Our very own Lacey with Stamp and create

and Bugaboo
Challenge Blog: http://catchthebugblog.blogspot.com/


For my card this week I have chosen to use one of my favorite little teddy bears from LOTV. I have coloured the image with Copics and then accented with some tinsel glitter to give the garland the feel of real tinsel. After cutting the image out with my Spellbinders dies I left the image in the die and accented around the image with Distress inks and some little snowflake stamps to soften the edges and blend the image with my papers.

Speaking of papers, all of the papers on this card are from a great Echo Park pad that I picked up before Christmas and never had the chance to use.  In keeping with the challenge theme I have accented using a bloom with a brad centre layered over a couple of sweet little tags.

I hope that you have enjoyed your visit today, be sure to stop by the ABC Christmas Challenge Blog and see the rest of the gorgeous DT creations.

This card will be entered into the following challenges:





13 comments:

Sandra H said...

Hi, Your card is so lovely and your image so cute!:) Sandra H

Joey said...

Carissa this is stunning, gorgeous layout, your colouring is perfect on this little guy. Joey x

Gram's Treasures said...

Sweet, and love all the different DP!
hugs

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Carissa! your Glitter is AWESOME on James scarf! love that flower too! hugs me x

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Carissa, love the image, he is adorable, and fabulous colouring.Beautiful papers..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Delphine said...

Another gorgeous card, Carissa! Adorable image and I love how embellished it and did the background! Gorgeous papers too! I have not strated my pad yet:-(... Thank you for your kind words too, I'll be around:-)! BIG hugs Delphine xx

Helen said...

So cute! The sparkly tinsel looks awesome!
Helen x

Dorte said...

Such a cute card with James. I love the glitter you have added and the papres are awesome.
Dorte,xx

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous, what a delightful bear! Love the rich festive colours, and the sparkly tinsel!

Belz said...

I also love this teddy and love how you've coloured him! Belz x

febe said...

Beautiful and bubbly. A cute image in lovely color combo. This is one festive card.

stretch mark cream that works

Karita said...

Beautiful card! :)
I love that wonderful sparkle! :)
Thank you for joining at Deep Ocean Challenge :)

Hugs,
Karita

Julia Ionov said...

i love the paper that you used. i love the color selection. the bear is really comfortable wearing the garland too. lol love it!
quality website design