Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Just a quick post this morning before I head out to see my Dad who is in the hospital at the moment. I wanted to share with you the new ABC Christmas Challenge.
Our challenge for you this time is:
 
Q is for Quilting
Make a patchwork 'quilt'effect for your background
 
We have two fabulous sponsors this time:


Prize from Lili of the Valley:


and


Prize from Crop Stop: a $15 Gift Certificate!
 
 
My card features one of the newest LOTV Christmas images a special treat that I bought myself a few weeks back when they first came out. She is beautiful and so much fun to colour too. I've added some glitter to her wings and used liquid applique for the snow for extra detail.
 
For the quilt base of my card, I have used some older MME papers that pick up on the blues and reds from the image. I am thinking that it might have looked more quilted if I had pulled out the sewing machine and stitched the edges but I don't have the time for that right now. To embellish I have dug through my flower stash and found some flowers that are just the right colours. This card has so much texture and such a joyful feeling to it.
 
I hope you have been inspired to join us.  Be sure to stop by the main challenge blog and see the rest of the gorgeous DT creations.
 
I will try to stop back later and link this up to a few challenges.
Hugs!

 

7 comments:

Sandra H said...

So beautiful is this and the layout is stunning x

Annette said...

Wow, gorgeous card Carissa, I have that image too and LOVE it.
Annette
xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card hunny! Love the colours and image, sending you warm hugs too! Samantha xx

debby4000 said...

Oh love your gorgeous card Carissa, beautiful image.
luv
Debby

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Carissa :-) such a cute image and the red/aqua combo is fab, love the fancy frame too ,, so pretty :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Zw@@n said...

Stunning card, Carissa. Love the paper and the colour combination.
The image is cute and you colored it beautifully. Love, Wilma

Helen said...

Beautiful card Carissa...so pretty...love the colours!
Helen x