Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Recycle for a Greener Christmas

Good Morning! I'm here to share my DT project for the R is for Recycling plus Ribbons or Rhinestones Challenge on the ABC Christmas Challenge.


I have opted to recycle a box that I had stashed away in case I needed a box for gift wrapping. I have a feeling that it will make a much better presentation now.

I started by measuring all of the sides of the box and cutting all of my papers a quarter of an inch smaller. This great paper is from Fancy Pants and as it double sided I have opted to use both sides of the paper.
This great image is from Sparkle Creations, I have coloured it with Copics and paper pieced the Umbrella with a tiny star print from Basic Grey to match her robe. I have embellished using some tiny snowflake ornaments that I picked up last Christmas and I have added some flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.


On the back of the box, I have added a sentiment and embellished with more flowers and a heart punch from Martha Stewart.

 

As no gift would be complete without a way to identify the recipient I have added a diecut tag and tied it all up with a big bow.

I hope that you will participate in the challenge. We are sponsored this week by Digital Delights who have offered up a great prize for one lucky recipients. For further inspiration, have a look at the rest of the fabulous DT projects and a list of hints and tips that can all be found here.

This project will be entered into the following challenges:

18 comments:

Chrissy said...

This is a fabulous box Carissa, love the papers and gorgeous image. The paper piecing is fabulous, thats something I have just started to do.I love all the details on the panels, really lovely.

Luv CHRISSYxx

annes paperfun said...

Thanks so much for joining us at WOC for our challenge...unfortunately in order to in the drawing for the prize you can only enter two other challenges. The good news is there is still time to make another card to enter :o))
Hugs Anne

Sandra H said...

Wow so stunning :) Sandra H

Gram's Treasures said...

Adorable gift box and lovely image. Now, all I want for Christmas is... (lol)
Hugs

Liz said...

Just beautiful !! I love it !! Thanks for joining us this week at C4E. Liz

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful box! Love the colours and pretty papers! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good luck! Hugs and sunshine!/Sari

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is just fabulous gorgeous colours, thanks for joining us at WOC this time hugs pops x x x

Lorraine A said...

Fantastic box Carissa ,, what a lovely image and the papers and whole design is gorgeous :-)

luv
Lols x x x

pinky said...

Its just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

Louise said...

Gorgeous love your recycled project,thanks for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week.
Hugs Louise xx

Helen said...

Beautiful box Carissa...love those papers...I'm sure whoever the lucky recipient is will love it too!
Helen x

Dorte said...

Stunning box, Carissa. Lovely papers and a really sweet image.
Hugs Dorte

Delphine said...

Your altered box is gorgeous, Carissa! I love your image, I have never seen it before:-)! Gorgeous papers and lovely embellies! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck:-)! Hugs Delphine xx

Anonymous said...

Carissa you did it again this is stunning! its just perfect! hugs Samantha :0)

michele said...

Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week hugs x

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous! Truly a gift in itself. Thanks for joining the Humbuggers this week. xxD

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Carissa, what a gorgeous altered box. I love the sweet image and the papers are beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Suzie McFloozy said...

What a great Christmas craft project x
Thanks for joining in with us at stampin' for the weekend x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo