Monday, August 22, 2011

Fancy Folds with StampFairy

Good morning, I hope that you have enjoyed a wonderful weekend. We spent part of it at the lake enjoying the sunshine when there was some and hiding from the clouds when the sun had disappeared.

I did manage to get in a little crafting, good thing to as today is the start of another StampFairy challenge.
This week we are focusing on Fancy Folds so I hope that you will have some wonderful techniques to share with us.


For my card this week, I have turned to my favorite little snow friend George. Gerda created a fantastic new range of stamps with this old friend the other week and you can find them all here
I have coloured him using my signature George colours and added some half pearl tree decorations and some puffy liquid applique snow to embellish the image.

I have kept the card rather simple by following a wonderful sketch from Going Grey with Scrap Creations.


Because of the grid, this sketch was perfect for my Z-fold card. All of the papers are from a MME Christmas pad and I have only added a few little acrylic snowflake stickers as I really need to start making some cards that will go through the mail.

I hope that you will join us this week. I look forward to seeing your lovely works of art. Please be sure to stop by the StampFairy Challenge Blog and see the gorgeous creations that the rest of the DT have created to inspire you.

In addition to the range of Georege stamps that I have used for my card I would like to show you today's new release.


Be sure to keep an eye out. I am sure that George will be featured front and centre on my blog again soon.


This card will be entered into the following challenges:


12 comments:

Chrissy said...

Lovely card Carissa, fabulous new image.Love the tree decorations, thats so cute.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Hazel said...

This is a fabulous card - love that snowman - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 34 - hope to see you again soon. x

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Love the bright colors and clean lines!!

Deanne :)

Jackie Randolph said...

Love his little polka dot scarf!! too cute! Beautiful card with your gorgeous papers and your decorated tree!

Annette said...

Love those pearls on the tree and the snow. Great fold shape too. Annette xx

Sandra H said...

Beautiful and so bright great fold shape and those background papers are gorgeous!:) Sandra H

Annie said...

Oh my goodness so many entries at the Hall this week - didn't we just know that our followers would love the theme of something new.
My goodness this card is really stunning - love the colours- a total wow.
Thanks for joining us at Bah! Humbug!
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Karen said...

A perfect Christmas card sweety. I really like the image you chose and the papers are just lovely.xx

Tanya S said...

Adorable card.Such a cute snowman.Great take on the sketch.Thanks for playing with us at Scrap Creations

Delphine said...

I love your card, Carissa! Great image, I love how you have decorated the tree! Gorgeous papers and design too! Have a lovely day! Hugs Delphine xx

Anne said...

Beautiful card Larissa, love the bright bold colours.
Thanks for playing along with Totally Papercrafts and good luck
Anne x

Larissa said...

This is so lovely! Love the bright colours.

Hugs,
Larissa