Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Special Birthday Wish

Wow, it has been a while since my last post. Time sure does fly. Over the weekend I did manage to get some crafting done and I have a few cards to show you over the next few days. The first card that I will share with you has been created for Challenge 29 over at Basic Grey Challenges. They have a wonderful sketch this week by Tara G to base your card on.


I knew as soon as I saw this sketch that it was going to involve Tilda sitting off to the side of the circle. As soon as I settled on using some of my new Basic Grey Capella papers, this card came together in a flash. I know that this sketch is going to be a favourite of mine.



This time I decided to do something a little different and give my Copics a break. Tilda has been coloured using Prismacolour pencils and mineral spirits. I must admit to loving the way that the colours blend so nicely. The only accents I have opted to add to the sketch were a Prima flower and some leaves. The sketch is so pretty as is that I didn't see the need to fill it up with lots of little embellies.

I hope that you will join me and have a go at this sketch.  Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to check back tomorrow as I have another card to share.

2 comments:

craft mad Jenny said...

this is so gorgeous, such a lovely card,

jenny

Linda Carson said...

Beautifully done!