Thursday, February 21, 2013

Sunshine and Laughter

Good evening! Today marks the start of another new challenge at Charisma Cardz.
 
The theme this week is One Layer Cards and we are lucky to have some great sponsors joining in the fun.
 

Our first sponsor this week is the lovely Pink Cat Studio who are offering 5 digis of the winners choice!!


Our second sponsor this week is our very own Team Gem DT member Jenni from...
Card Mad Fairy's Creations

Cardmadfairy's Creations
Jenni is offering one lucky winner the choice of 5 Digi's!! 
 
 
 
 
 

This is not my usual style but I decided to embrace it and have fun. I have seen a number of one layer cards out there that featured masking and thought I wound give it a go. To ensure that I would keep the line straight when I placed the mask (post it notes), I scored a line to use as a guide. After masking off the rest of the card I applied some distress inks with a blender, then I removed the masks and applied my stamping. I think that you will be seeing more one layer cards to come from me.

I hope that you have been inspired to give it a go yourself. Be sure to share the results in the challenge, I look forward to seeing what you create.

1 comment:

Gram's Treasures said...

I like this effect! Nice to learn something new.
hugs xx