Sunday, June 10, 2012

Butterfly Dreams


Good Evening. It has been a wonderful weekend.  The weatherman got the forecast all wrong and all of the rain came at night so we had two beautiful days which is exactly as a summer weekend should be.

I haven't spent much time in my craft room but I did manage to finish off this card that I had been working on.  I had wanted to play with some of my new Tim Holtz stamps and some of the techniques that I learnt in the Creative Chemistry class. In the end, this card feature one of my favorite Tim techniques of emboss resist. I have embossed the large background stamp and then inked over it with Distress inks in various shades of yellow, orange and green before stamping the butterflies.



  I have then inked up the central butterfly again using my Distress markers and stamped it on some dictionary to layer over the original image. I have finished it off with one of the pen nibs, I have dipped the tip in multiple layers of black and red embossing powder to make it appear as if it had actually been used.

I think that I may head back to my craft room and see if I can't put together another card before I go to bed. Thanks for coming by, I really do appreciate your visits.

This  card will be entered into the following challenges:






9 comments:

Gram's Treasures said...

Very pretty, and it's always fun to try something new!
hugs

Kazza said...

Love all your techniques!! They have made one great card. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls. Kx

Unknown said...

Wow this is stunning Carissa, love the fabulous style, so creative xxx

Dorte said...

Wow, Carissa, stunning creation.
hugs Dorte

Sandra H said...

Gosh, This is so beautiful the colours are gorgeous:)x

Kelly said...

This is such a lovely creation Crissa. Love the techniques you have used too.
Thanks for joining us at Whimsy Stamps Inspirations! Hugs Kelly x

Unknown said...

I love everything about this card Carissa! The way you used the nib is perfect and the techniques are well done. Such pretty colors too!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Beautiful piece of work. Love the colors and the beautiful resist stamping. Your trimmed out butterfly is beautifully done and is a great finishing touch. So happy you joined in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

Chris said...

LOVE this card. The pen nib as the butterfly body is very creative and looks cool too. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' for the weekend. I hope to see you there again.
Chris V - Easily Amused